CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Baby It's Cold Outside...


Well, not really today, but it has been cold here lately.

To update...our next door neighboors had their baby last Wednesday. She was smaller than they thought she was going to be and she is so cute!! Anyway, things are good next door!

Question: What in the world is the difference between jam, jelly, preserves and marmalade????? At the market today Travis and I got so confused just trying to get some jelly for a sandwich. I know I could google this, but it would take too long and I don't want to put that much effort into uncovering this mystery. SOOO...you tell me. PLEASE. What in the WORLD is the difference between jam, jelly, preserves and marmalade?? I know my sister will have something to say on this, as she knows many trivial things and something tells me she knows all about jams, and jellies and what not. So, Kay, what is it?? For the love of Pete, someone tell us.

Yesterday was my birthday! I am now closer to 30 than I am to 20 (at 26). Oh well, it doesn't feel any different. So Friday my good friend Alison threw me a fun party at her parent's awesome house. I wish I got pictures of all of the rooms that she decorated, but I didn't so you will have to settle for a description. The bar was set up so fancy with wine glasses and pretty decorations. There were Mai Tais and Strawberry Margaritas and wine and pretty much anything anyone wanted. We had yummy appetizers and sipped our drinks by the fire place (it was cold outside that night). Then we moved into the awesome dining room for our yummy mexican fiesta. After dinner we moved out to the fire pit in the backyard to roast marshmallows and make smores. YUMMY!!! It was so fun!! Here are some pictures from the dinner portion:



Chrissy, Kari and me...with my silly birthday hat.

A toast!!


Cake!


The group (minus a couple that had already left.)


The view from the backyard.

5 comments:

jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer said...

Hey Jeri! Great update...I completely forgot it was your birthday on the 4th. Happy Birthday a little late! The best advice for getting people's links on your blog is to change over to "beta blogger". It is so simple with beta. If you keep what you have now, you have to go to "template" and scroll down through all of the computer language to find a links section. The best advice though, is to change over to beta and then it is so easy! I also have an easier time uploading pictures, you can personalize your page more, and it is just easier! When you log in to blogger, on the dashboard page it has a prompt for changing over to beta--you don't lose any posts and it is pretty simple.

Anonymous said...

And here you have it from your trusty trivial sister...

Jelly is made from fruit juice and has no fruit bits. Jam is made by boiling fruit and does have fruit bits. Preserves are basically the same as jam... Marmalade typically is a citrus-based preserve, sometimes containing the rind, but other fruits can be used.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Everyone is soooo beautiful! I can hardly wait 'til Salado. I've gotten my gift for the gift exchange. I hope everyone likes it and fights over it; if not, I'll love it. I might get my blog updated before Christmas...we'll see. Thanksgiving updates just in time for Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

So you couldn't figure out which to put on a peanut butter & JELLY sandwich?

I may be beautiful but you kids just aren't that bright are you?