CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Need Info from Mommies

Owen just had his 2 month shots on Tuesday.

What was your child's reaction to the shots, and how long did it last??

Please: if you are against immunizations and did not have your child immunized, do not comment or tell me why to not have my child immunized. I respect your decision, but that is not why I am asking. So please, respect my decision to have my child immunized and leave it at that. Thanks.

6 comments:

Carissa said...

I don't have any information for you, but I do love your candidness!

LoriLoo310 said...

Nathan's two month shots were the worst. All other immunizations got gradually easier after that.

For his two month ones he was so angry and in pain the entire day. It was not fun at all. Even the day after I could tell he wasn't feeling normal.

I hope Owen's doing ok!

Anonymous said...

Jackson had a slight fever, his cheeks looked flush, and he was extra fussy. I had him in the Moby wrap all day. We did give him Tylenol right before getting the shots, and then every 4 hours the rest of the day and that seemed to help a lot.

jennifer said...

I'm with Lori...they seem to get easier! I remember my kiddos being tired (from all the crying) and sleeping a lot that day.A little soreness around the spot of the injection (they saw warm compresses or a bath help). Neither of my kiddos had fevers or anything, but that is to be expected. Give hime some Infant Tylenol if you feel like he is agitated...I have a chart for recommended dosages if you need it!

Jacquie said...

Lynlee ran fever for 2 days after her 4 month shots and when I called concerned the doctor told us that they could run fever for up to 10 so not to worry and she soon started feeling much better. We did continue to give her Tylenol during those 2 days.

Rebecca said...

I am definitely for shots but I do feel like it's ok to space them out so your child doesn't get a ton at one time. Most pediatrician's are ok with this. I gave Finn some tylenol after he got his shots. He took a pretty good nap after the shots. By the next day he was fine. Hope this helps!:)