CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SNAKES IN A PLAYGROUP!!!!

During our Tuesday playgroup today, I was sitting down in a nice shady area of the grass in the courtyard with 4 other ladies and their little ones. We were chatting and playing with the kids...I was tickling Owen when I heard my friends shrieking. I looked up just in time to see a 4 to 5 foot snake literally right behind (maybe a foot) Hannah (7 months pregnant) and her 18 month old, and Lyric and her 3 week old. Of course, I proceeded to FREAK OUT. We all scooped up our respective children and moved at the speed of light out of the area. As we were all moving quickly the snake raised his head up off the ground. YIKES!! Then he began slithering in my general direction again...I booked my booty and Owen's too up toward the clubhouse room screaming. (anyone that knows me well knows that I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I have nightmares about them. I have never actually seen one in person until today...I can pretty much guarantee a nightmare tonight). My heart was definitely working overtime and I had a mini anxiety attack.

Then Hannah called the campus police who sent out a campus firetruck. The guy couldn't find the snake...but he did mention that it could have been a rattle snake because it is rattle snake season. We told him we didn't see a rattle, and he said that we wouldn't necessarily see a rattle. AGHHH!! But, it was probably just a gardner (Spelling??). Nevertheless, it was SCARY!!!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

HA! Jeri, I didn't know that was your first snake in person! Considering that, you were very brave. OK, so neither of us were very brave, but we did save our babies, didn't we?!

jennifer said...

YIKES!! Too close for comfort!!