CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Should We go Private?

I was thinking about this a while ago, but haven't for a while. But, a friend is making her blog private and it made me think about it again.

There are alot of crazies, especially on the internet. Since we post pictures of our family, especially the boy, maybe it is a good idea to go private?

Thoughts?

5 comments:

John said...

I know this is the worst reason NOT to go private, but a lot of people use RSS readers to view blogs, they make it so we don't have to visit 30 blogs per day to check for updates. Privacy makes it so we can't use readers to view updates to your blog.
And frankly, there are millions of blogs out there... it seems unlikely that yours would be stumbled upon or lingered on when there are plenty of more likely places for the weirdos to get their jollies.

Brandy said...

I think as long as you don't put an address on your blog you are pretty safe.

jennifer said...

I am with John and Brandy...and you are able to set your blog so that it doesn't come up when people search (google, yahoo, etc) for words, pictures, or names that are on your blog. I just went and did a google image search with your names and pictures DO come up. I think that means you don't have it set on your blog to block those searches...you might want to do that...that's my 2 cents!

jennifer said...

I just went back and looked at how to change your settings. Go to settings...basic...it asks if you want to block search engines and you click yes or no. It also asks if you want to be a part of the blogger listings which means it will show yours if people click through the lists of blogs. If you are considering going private...I would change both of those to NO and then see if it cuts down on random views to your blog. Sorry to write so much! Are you still unable to comment on my blog???

Brittany said...

Like I wrote on Jennifer's blog, Mike and I are pretty safety concious. So far, we haven't heard of any kids being harmed or kidnapped b/c their parents wrote blogs or we would immediately change ours. Until we hear of something wild or maybe when the little ones aren't constantly in our care, we'll stay public. It's so much fun to be able to snoop on random people's blog and lately so many people have been going private. Boo.