This tiny boy:IS 6 MONTHS OLD!!!
I can't believe it. He started of his morning blowing out his diaper (BIG TIME!!) and needing a bath. (which, I was actually fine with because he really needed to go to the bathroom. (sorry, TMI).
So far he is sitting up pretty well by himself, and he is so close to crawling it is scary!! He gets around really well, but it isn't full blown crawling yet. Lately he enjoys spitting all day long :-)
Here are a few cutie pie pics of my sweet SIX MONTH OLD boy!!


So, here is where I need your help. The last few nights Owen wakes up every hour and a half. No joke. It isn't that he is hungry, but as soon as you pick him up he falls right back to sleep. When you put him down, he wakes up and cries. This is new. Up until now, with an exception here or there, he has been a great sleeper. HELP!! What do I do?
Here is a super cute video of Owen laughing the other day.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
TODAY....
Presented to you by Travis & Jeri Tidmore at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Do you co-sleep? If not, you might want to just try it for a week or two until he grows out of this stage. It may satisfy his need for closeness and your need for sleep. God Bless!
You won't like my suggestion, but power through and let him cry. Maybe it's time for him to sleep in his crib in his own room so he has to nestle himself back to sleep. Also try putting him under a blanket, too. I say this to help you avoid a baby who doesn't sleep all night until he's 5. YEARS. OLD!!!!!!! I'll let you guess which one that was.
Your right, I don't like your suggestion. :-) He was in his own room, and wasn't sleeping. We have tried just about everything.
I haven't decided yet if I am of the "cry it out" mindset. I am leaning toward not. Which is fine. We can do things differently. :-)
Maybe you can swadle him up in a blanket so he can't startle himself awake at night? I know how frustrating it is when you're used to good sleep, and then suddenly it's just gone!! Good luck!
Will he take a pacifier? I am sure you have tried that and it was a dumb question. But a lot of times when Zane wakes up if I just stand in there and hold his pacifier in his mouth and maybe rub his stomach until he calms down.
Yes the sunscreen is safe for babies...it has the least "crap" of all the natural options...also California Baby has a good sunscreen/bug that is OK for babies too. You can visit www.cosmeticdatabase.com to check out the list of toxic ingredients and so on. Also, www.mothering.com/discussions had a forum on natural body care products that is very helpful.
I do make Halle's baby food sometimes...but other times I don't have time so she eats Earths Best Organic.
Hope this helps!
PS- My 3.5 year old was a super challenging baby and is now a very spirited kiddo. We coslept with him for self survival, and he started sleeping through the night at a reasonable age. He just needed that reassurance. My daughter on the other hand would probably rather be in her own bed, but I keep her with us for convience of nursing and bonding. Do whatever works for you - there is no "right" thing! :)
Once in a blue moon, Abby Jane wakes up in the night. Our trick is to leave her in the crib, turn on the mobile w/o her seeing us, and reach our hand over onto her tummy while staying out of sight, and gently rock her back and forth. Almost failproof. Almost! Is he teething?
Brayden has done that a few times also. It lasted a few days and then she was back on schedule. I just give her the pacifier and leave...sometimes she has to cry, but that is how we do it! Do whatever works best for the 3 of you! Happy 6 months Owen! Can't wait to meet him!
Owen is too cute!! Happy six months!! It has gone so fast! I do not have kids yet, but my advice comes through my friends that have kids...our church class had about 20 or so babies in the last year, so I have a fair amount of advice from them. I would say it could very possibly be teething. Especially since he is waking up so frequently...I would try some oragel first to see if it is pain waking him up. Hope that helps!
Oh My Goodness! First of all, I can't believe you guys have been married for 5 years and secondly, I can't believe Owen is already 6 months old. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun.
I hope all is well there. I can't wait to see you! I'll update you on life soon!
Love you!
Post a Comment