So, we went to the doctor today. No baby yet. Obviously. They estimated his current weight at 8 pounds 5 ounces. She tried a little something for me to maybe get my labor going...so far...NOTHING. Next Wednesday is my due date and I was basically told today that I would be induced on Wednesday if Owen wasn't here by then.
So, we wait. HE NEEDS TO COME OUT!!!!!!!! I am SO uncomfortable. I am so short and he has literally no room, so when he stretches out his legs (which the doctor mentioned today during the ultrasound that his legs are really long) they shove up into my diaphragm and it HURTS.
Ok so...any ideas as to how to get this kid out?? :-) What do you know? Share. Please. I am begging you.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Hmm...
Presented to you by Travis & Jeri Tidmore at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
WALK! WALK! WALK! It made both of my babies come out. Also, go to www.mothering.com and there will be TONS of suggestions (my favss include herbs and essential oils). COME OUT OWEN! Oh yeah, be sure to pray...I will be. (that is a sure fire way to get things going :)
I recommend red rasberry tea. Lots of it! Worked for me:-)
GYS
Nothing worked for me, I was induced with Nathan. But here are some things I've heard that worked for other people:
Spicy foods, walking, meditation, sex, massage, acu-pressure. When I got my pedicure right before I had Nathan, the lady did a foot massage that was supposed to induce labor. Good luck!!!
I was induced too, so obviously none of the things I tried worked. But here's what I was told - pineapple (some chemical in it is supposed to help), spicy foods, bumpy rides in cars, lots of walking (we walked the ACU track SOOO many times!), and pushing on pressure points - between your thumb and forefinger, and some spot on your leg.
Who knows if this is true or not, but I've heard if you get someone to massage your achilles tendon (the back of your ankle) that can sometimes start labor, and I also heard that if you sit on a stability ball and bounce around a lot that can get things going too (like one of those big exercise balls) I went on a two mile walk in the morning and then walked around wal mart for a couple of hours when I went into labor with Mandie, but I was soooooooooo tired while I was laboring!! So if you walk, don't over do it.
i heard that if you eat lots of spicy mexican food that would help.
Post a Comment